Oh. You knew I’m an anthropologist, too, right? No? Oh.
Feel free to learn all about it on my official, professional website, but here’s a snapshot:
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology (2007)
- Master’s degree in anthropology (2011)
- Baccalaureate work focused in media anthropology, specifically culture production at a small-town newspaper
- Post-baccalaureate work took place in Agua Prieta, Sonora, Mexico, along the US-Mexico border, and dealt with native knowledge, permaculture, and community development
- Master’s research focused on the US-Mexico border; thesis focused on media representations of the physical act of crossing the border, and how these narratives make their way into public discourse