you're reading...
Crossfit, milestone, weight loss

Touched

Joy.

Joy.

Surprisingly, I’m not one of those bloggers who gets tons of fanmail and is too big for her britches. When people write to me or comment on my posts, I take it to heart because, truly, it means a lot to me that someone has taken the time to share their thoughts.

Over the summer, I received an email from someone who had read my blog and wanted to produce a video about me for AMRAP, a new YouTube channel by the publishers of Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, and Prevention magazines. I thought about it, and thought that was pretty rad, so I agreed.

Fast-forward a few months, and we actually made this happen! He and a camera crew spent several hours at Albany Crossfit filming this video about me and my journey over the past two years. Enjoy!

I just wanted to say how profoundly touched I was by this entire experience. It’s not every day that you get to share your story with the world, and I think that they did a really great job. Of course, it’s always nerve-wracking to know that you’re being filmed in spandex when you still have problem areas, but I think this is a good snapshot of who I am and where I’m coming from.

Here’s to another two years of Crossfit magic!

About these ads

About Danielle

Exuberant photographer, artist, writer, designer, wannabe chef, and Crossfitter.

Discussion

9 thoughts on “Touched

1. Great job, Danielle. You’re just shining with light through that whole video. You are such an inspiration.

Posted by nessavay | 12 December 2012, 3:37 pm
  2. Great video! You have such a great personality! Your journey is definitely inspiring and easy to relate to. I shared the video of you with my FB peoples. Hopefully you can inspire some more folks :)

Posted by idrankthecfkoolaid | 17 December 2012, 4:47 pm
  3. DK – that was such a touching moment at 5:15 in your YouTube video…I started to choke up as well!!!

Posted by rasalghul5555 | 4 January 2013, 1:43 am
  4. And that video is what brought me here now.

Posted by Amy | 25 January 2013, 11:26 pm
  5. I found and watched this video today. I loved it thank you.

Posted by Michelle | 24 February 2013, 9:09 am
  6. Hi DK I found your blog by searching youtube under inspirational stories of crossfit. I love your amazing story and also love your writing ability. Go get it girl!!!

Posted by Susie Aranda | 12 April 2013, 9:35 am